Author: Rosemary Buckle, M.D.
It can be challenging to keep up with the appointments, test results, prescription refills, and payments that are involved in health care–especially when you have multiple doctors or more people in your family to care for than just yourself. That’s why SJMC Physician Services (which includes our team here at Houston Institute for Sports Medicine & Orthopedics) has developed an online Patient Portal.
With the Patient Portal, you can access your own personalized health information at home or on the go–anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or data connection. Learn more about the Patient Portal in the video below.
Signing Up For the Patient Portal
During your next visit to Houston Institute for Sports Medicine & Orthopedics, tell a staff member in our office that you would like to enroll. You can also request an enrollment invitation online.
- After your visit, you will receive an email with a link to the Patient Portal.
- Click on the link. You will be asked a few questions.
- Create a Username and Password.
- Your first view will be of your personal Health Information.
You can return to https://mysjmc.com/login.aspx at any time to log in to the Patient Portal.
What Can I Do In the Patient Portal?
Once you’re inside the Patient Portal, you can…
- Ask a question of your Houston sports doctor (or any other providers you visit in the SJMC Physician Services network)
- Pay your bill
- Request a prescription refill
- View a portion of your health information
- Acquire health education materials
- …and more!
Need further assistance with the Patient Portal? Visit this FAQ page.
What Else Can I Do Online?
Houston Institute for Sports Medicine & Orthopedics offers several benefits outside of the Patient Portal to users who visit http://www.houstonsportsandortho.com/. You can…
- Browse a library of health resources
- Schedule an appointment online
- Fill out patient paperwork (English/Spanish) at home prior to your appointment
- You can even take online assessments, such as this one about arthritis, to have a provider contact you about the results.
Ask Your Houston Sports Doctor a Question!
Have questions? If so, log in to the Patient Portal, and send your questions my way! For more information, or to schedule an appointment with a Houston sports doctor, call Houston Institute for Sports Medicine and Orthopedics at (713) 756-5546.
Please consult with your physician before undertaking any form of medical treatment or adopting any exercise program or dietary guidelines.